Lawrence is a great place to live for frugal entertainment. You may be aware of some of these no-cost recurring events, but hopefully you will learn something new too. If you know of other fun, free things to do, please leave a comment!
- Acoustic Music - Tuesday Nights 7:30p @ Lawrence Arts Center - Free (suggested donation)
- Lonnie Ray's Open Jam Session- Tuesday Nights 6:00p @ Slow Ride Roadhouse - Free
- KU School of Music Student Recital Series- varies, see calendar of events @ KU Campus - Free
- Junkyard Jazz - Thursday Nights 7:00p @ American Legion - Free
- Jazz Quintet - Thursday Nights 7:00p @ iBar at Ingredient - Free
- Live Music- Most Friday & Saturday Nights 9:00p @ Slow Ride Roadhouse - Free
- December Music Series - Saturdays in December 1:00p @ Watkins Community Museum - Free
- The Mariachi Band- Every Other Sunday 8:00p @ Cielito Lindo - Free
- Art Exhibition - Daily 9:00a to 9:00p @ Lawrence Arts Center - Free, exhibitions change frequently.
- Kids Programming @ Spencer Museum of Art - Most are Free - see calendar
- Lectures, Gallery Talks & Peformances @ Spencer Museum of Art - Most are Free - see calendar
- Final Fridays Artwalk - Last Friday of the Month 5:00p - 8:00p @ Downtown Lawrence - Free
Other Free Activities:
- Free Kid's Programs - Saturdays 10:00a & Sundays 1:30p @ Prairie Park Nature Center- Free
- Holiday Activites List @ Lawrence Convention & Visitors Bureau Website- Many free- see list
- Poetry Social - third Wednesday of the Month 7:00p @ Lawrence Public Library Gallery - Free
- Book Signings, Book Talks, Readings- Free Events @ The Raven Bookstore - Free- see list
- Salsa Dancing - Wednesdays 9:00p @ Taste Lounge - Free
I found many of these events at Lawrence.com Events and Visit Lawrence Events - check them out for more ideas!