- Limited time sale prices, not everyday regular prices.
- The sale price is low compared to food prices in general (meaning, I tend to list the cheapest foods. Notice that few things are more than a dollar or two per unit.)
- Sale price is considerably lower than regular price, or compared to prices at other stores.
- Basic, whole foods rather than processed/packaged foods. Whole foods are often healthier and cheaper! The idea being you could make many different things from these basic ingredients. (Occasionally I will add packaged foods when they are a really good deal, though, or if they are something that is hard to make yourself.)
- I bold items that are especially good deals that I am excited about!
Asparagus- $1.18/lb @ Checkers
Avocados (Hass)- $0.88/ea @ Checkers
Broccoli- $0.88/lb @ Checkers
Carrots- $0.99/ 2lb bag @ HyVee
Grapefruit- $0.29/ea @ Aldi
Grapes (Green)- $1.00/lb @ HyVee
Green Beans- $0.88/lb @ Checkers
Kiwi Fruit- $0.99/ 16oz @ Aldi
Lettuce (Romain, Red, Green) - $0.78/bunch @ Checkers
Mangoes- $0.78/ea @ Checkers
Oranges- $1.48/bag ($0.37/lb) @ Aldi
Peaces/Plums/Nectarines- $0.20/ea @ Aldi
Potatoes (Russet)- $1.18/ 5lb bag @ Checkers
Strawberries- $1.29/16oz @ Aldi
Yellow Squash or Zuchinni- $0.58/lb @ Checkers
Chicken (thighs or drumsticks)- $0.98/lb @ Checkers OR Dillons
Breakfast items: cereals, meats, pancake mixes, frozen meals, etc- on sale @ Aldi
Steel Cut Oats- $2.49/ 28oz @ Aldi
Tortillas- var. sizes- 2/$3.00 @ HyVee
Pet Food- many varities on sale @ HyVee
photo from: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/609376
In our continuing weekly series, here is the coordinating recipe from Romance on a Dime: Fruit Smoothies! There are such good deals on fruit right now, what a great way to use it up!