Monday, November 28, 2011

Ask and you shall receive. Really.

I have a theory that if you wait long enough and you tell enough people, you can get almost anything you need. I've been wanting two bulletin boards for diy Christmas gifts. I found a large one almost right away for $2 at an estate auction (would have been at least $20 new), but I've been struggling to find a second board.


A few weeks ago I posted a "Wanted" ad for a bulletin board on Lawrence Freecycle (if you don't know about this, check it out!). I hadn't heard anything, and started feeling desperate because I want to start on the project. Last night when I was at Wal-Mart I was thisclose to buying a bulletin board. I actually put it in my cart and took it back out again a few seconds later, because it had a plastic frame and I really wanted one with a wooden frame. Plus I really did not want to fork over $10 to Wal-Mart if I didn't have to.

Then just a few minutes ago, I got a reply to my Freecycle post, and someone is offering me two bulletin boards that they no longer need after moving. Thanks fellow Freecyclers! This, my friends, is a WIN, and not the first time this type of thing has happened to me. Do you have any tales of finding the exact thing you need for free or super cheap?

Image from http://groups.freecycle.org/lawrencefreecycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you have further questions I can be reached at frugaltownie@gmail.com